The specific benefits of some Surah’s and Verses.
Surat Al-Fatiha – The Opening Chapter
1. Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: ‘The most excellent Sura of the Qur’an is ‘Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Universe’ Al-Hakim and Baihaqi transmitted it from Anas, for whom Allah’s Good Pleasure is prayed.
2. ‘Fatihat al-Kitab – the First Sura – contains healing for every disease.’ Baihaqi transmitted it from ‘Abdul-Malik bin ‘Umair (RA)
3. ‘The First Surah has been sent down from a treasure under the Throne.’ Ibn Rahawaih transmitted it from ‘Ali, for whom Allah’s Good Pleasure is prayed.
4. ‘If anyone recites the First Sura and the Throne Verse (2:255) in a house they (the inmantes of the house) will not be afflicated by an evil eye of a man or a jinn in that day.’ Ad-Dailami transmitted it from ‘Imran bin Husain, from whom Allah’s Good Pleasure is prayed.
Surat Al-Baqara – The Heifer.
1. The Prophet, (saw), said: ‘Everything has a hump, and the hump of the Qur’an is Surat al-Baqara; if anyone recites it in his house during the night no devil will enter it for three nights; if anyone recites it in his house during the day-time no devil will enter it for three days.’ Ibn Hibban Tabarani and Baihaqi transmittted it from Sahl bin Sa’d, for whom Allah’s (swt) Good Pleasure is prayed.
2. The Throne Verse (2:255): The Prophet (saw) said: There is a verse in Surat al-Baqara which is the chief verse of the Qur’an and when it is recited in a house in which there is a devil he will certainly get out of it: It is the Throne verse.’ Al-Hakim, and Baihaqi transmitted it from Abu Huraira, for whom Allah’s (swt) Good Pleasure is prayed.
3. The last verses of Surat al-Baqara: The Prophet (saw) said: ‘Allah (swt) finished Surat al-Baqara with two verses which He has given me from His Treasure which is under the Throne: so learn them and teach them to your womenfolk and children, for they are a blessing, a recitation and a supplication.’ al-Hakim transmitted it from Abu Dharr, for whom Allah’s (swt) Good Pleasure is prayed.
Surat Al Waqi’a – The Inevitable Event
1. The Prophet (SAW) said: ‘He who recites Surat al Waqi’a every night will never be afflicted by want’ Baihaqi transmitted it from ibn Mas’ud, for whom Allah’s Good Pleasure is prayed.
Surat An-Nur – The Light
1. It contains this verse (Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth….) (24:35). So, recite it and ask Allah (swt) for the Light and the Bessing it contain, for the believer sees by the Light of Allah (swt).
Please keep checking back – iA I will add more as i can.